Celtic Moods (CD)
Romantic and atmospheric instrumental melodies with violin, harp, flute and bagpipes in traditional and modern arrangements evoke the grandeur of the Scottish Highlands or the haunting beauty of the Irish west coast. A beautiful atmospheric collection of Celtic music.
Some of the wonderful artists you can hear on this CD include:
Celtic fiddling was Florie Brown's first departure from her classical education. She started her first band and incorporated the many familiar and popular styles she had been exposed to: Celtic, bluegrass, country, Cajun, blues and swing. Florie then joined forces with Margie Butler and Paul Espinoza of the Celtic group, Golden Bough.
Aryeh's harp recordings demonstrate his alluring musical sensitivity, the warmth of his lyrical and expressive style and the appeal of his originally conceived interpretations of Celtic folk melodies. He consciously attempts to recognize and respect the tradition from which he draws his musical inspiration, yet still allows himself the freedom of personal expression to develop a unique interpretative and stylistic approach.
Since 1989 Limerick-born Noel McLoughlin has recorded numerous albums of the most popular Irish and Scottish songs and ballads. His album "20 Best of Ireland" was and still is especially successful (ARC Music, EUCD1079). The incredible success of his recordings is due to Noel's impressive but soft voice - especially appreciated by the audiences in his live concerts. He has therefore come to be one of the most acclaimed singers of Irish and Scottish folk.
Is considered to be one of the best players of the diatonic accordion of the world. He uses a technique sometimes called "cross fingering" which was developed by musicians such as Marc Perrone in France, Riccardo Tesi in Italy and Andy Cutting in England. Daniel mainly plays his own compositions, but is also known for playing baroque, tango, jazz standards, musette, French songs and Klezmer.
"…you don't know virtuosity until you heard Daniel Thonon let fingers fly on the squeeze box…" Jeff Bradley, The Denver Post
Margie grew up in very musical surroundings. Her true musical expression was realized when she discovered the Celtic folk harp. Combining her performing arts ability with her love for the music of the Celtic lands has helped Margie to create an easy-going and entertaining style. Since 1980 she has toured as a vocalist and harpist with the internationally acclaimed group, Golden Bough, with whom she has recorded numerous CDs.
Skladby:1. Florie Brown: Mist on the Highlands (Florie Brown / Pablo Cárcamo)-3:26
2. Aryeh Frankfurter: Luke Dillon (Turlough O'Carolan) - 3:52
3. Barbara Gray / Wilbert Garvin: Gleann na phíobaire (The Piper's Glen) (Barbara Gray) - 4:13
4. Noel McLoughlin: Down by the Glenside (Denis Carey) - 4:09soundclip
5. Aryeh Frankfurter: Captain O'Kane (Turlough O'Carolan, arr. Aryeh Frankfurter) - 4:14
6. Ann Gray: The Mermaid's Song (trad., arr. A. Gray) - 4:22
7. Daniel Thonon: Marche Bretonne (trad., arr. D. Thonon, © SOCAN) - 3:19
8. Aryeh Frankfurter: Coilsfield House (Scottish air) (trad., arr. Aryeh Frankfurter) - 3:08
9. Fred Morrison: Drumbuie (Fred Morrison, MCPS) - 5:25
10. Kieran Fahy: Lament for Eoin Rua (trad.) - 4:28
11. Margie Butler: Gaelic Lullaby (trad, arr. Margie Butler) - 1:11
12. Sean Talamh: Inisheer - Inis oirthir (Thomas Walsh) - 4:46
13. Margie Butler: The Maid from the Parish of Penderyn (Welsh) (trad., arr. Margie Butler) - 4:06
14. Strathclyde Police Pipe Band: Highland Cathedral (Roever / Korb)- 2:48
Rok vydání: 2006
Irská & Skotská & Bretaňská
Celtic, Compilation, Ireland, Pipes, Scotland, World Music